The Pierre Deyo House
Taken from the "Street of the Huguenots"
Located opposite the Memorial House, this house is so altered that one has difficulty in visualizing the original structure. The Deyo House which was the first stone dwelling built in New Paltz forms a part of the structure.
This residence is a striking illustration of what can happen to a house of historic significance before proper preservation authority prevailed.
Built by Pierre Deyo, the Patentee, in 1692, the structure was very simple in design. A descendant, Abraham Deyo Brodhead, in the late 19th Century, made most of the changes that one sees today.
Members of the Deyo Family Association have made it possible to acquire the house and grounds.
The original Pierre Deyo House
The Deyo House as it stands today